This tutorial shows you how to shutdown Oracle database server with Oracle Data Guard running on it properly.
In this serries:
- Install Oracle Linux 5,6,7 from USB with ISO file
- Install Oracle 11g R2 Database On Oracle Linux 6.10 with EM (Enterprise Manager)
- Install Oracle 11g R2 Database On Oracle Linux 7.7 with EM (Enterprise Manager)
- How to configure X11 forwarding to install Oracle databases
- Perform Switchover and Failover with Oracle Data Guard Broker
Stop transport and apply process first
Using broker. Run on standby or primary.
DGMGRL> edit database dg10 set state=apply-off; DGMGRL> edit database dg9 set state=transport-off;
Run this command on both servers:
[oracle@dg10 admin]$ lsnrctl stop LSNRCTL for Linux: Version 184.108.40.206.0 - Production on 05-NOV-2019 13:30:46 Copyright (c) 1991, 2009, Oracle. All rights reserved. Connecting to (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=dg10.localdomain)(PORT=1521))) The command completed successfully
Shutdown database immediate
Shutdown the databases
SQL> shutdown immediate; Database closed. Database dismounted. ORACLE instance shut down.
Runs on both primary and standby.